- I am one of those old-fashioned ministers who believe the whole Bible and everything that it contains.
- One single soul saved shall outlive and outweigh all the kingdoms of the world.
- Better to confess Christ 1,000 times now and be despised by men, than be disowned by Christ before God on the Day of Judgment.
- If I never spoke of hell, I should think I had kept back something that was profitable, and should look on myself as an accomplice of the devil.
- Sin forsaken is one of the best evidences of sin forgiven.
- Unity without the gospel is a worthless unity; it is the very unity of hell.
—J. C. Ryle, b. May 10, 1816 – d. June 10, 1900, he was the first Anglican bishop of Liverpool